Wednesday, July 30, 2014

i love lavender

The lavender at the steps of the front door is so bushy and filled with buzzing bumble bees and honey bees.
The bees are very busy searching for nectar and will ignore you if you don't bother them, but I started to feel a bit bad for visitors attempting to get to our doorbell. 
 The lavender is wildly romantic and so fragrant but slightly impractical.
I trimmed the edges for a bit more room in the pathway to the door. I brought large armfuls of cut lavender into the house and started tying it into little bundles to dry. I'm sure I'll make more sachets like I did last year for the Christmas market.
Cutting and drying lavender is such a feast for the senses.  So pretty to look at and relaxing to smell.
 
Every summer I enjoy working with it and love trying to capture it's beauty in photos. I wish I could share the fragrance with you here, too!
Thanks so much for visiting today!
xoxo 
Karen

3 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks wonderful,I should get some more lavender for the house

nest full of eggs said...

Lovely!

Anna-Marie Field said...

I love lavender so I can and imagine the wonderful smell around your house and garden!!!! Simply lovely!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Love
AMarie xxx