Tuesday, May 6, 2014

tulips

Our tulips came super early this spring and I'm glad I captured them on camera because they have come and gone by now!
 
They are so happy and cheerful in their vibrant colors. Last fall I purchased several batches of bulbs from Holland. It's always a bit hard to believe all this beauty comes out of a rather drab and dull looking bulb.
 
 I have been playing with my watercolors and pens and just doodling a bit every day, when I have a few moments for creative play.
This pretty apricot tulip was one of the last blooms lingering....
 
The yellow tall tulips are so bold and striking. Now they are all just lone stems. Time to sit and meditate on spring's beauty is fleeting. Thank goodness for cameras and sketchbooks!
 
Have a lovely day!
xoxo
Karen

2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Oh your drawings are so beautiful Karen, you must do more...stunning!
I love the creamy tulip with the little bit of pink, reminds me of vanilla ice cream with strawberry sauce! :)
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

Your pink tulip watercoloring is simply lovely!