Monday, September 2, 2013

Sewing with Amy Butler: Cabo Halter

The first Amy Butler pattern I sewed was the Cabo Halter. I have to admit, I made this about three years ago!
I didn't want to ruin my beautiful fabric so I decided to test run the pattern on a sheet I bought at the thrift shop. It turned out so beautiful, I can actually wear it!
But I will always have that feeling of "I'm wearing someone's old sheet" so I finally cut into this gorgeous aqua/cream shell print fabric. It is not an Amy Butler fabric but Lulu Sanchez from Timeless Treasures fabrics. I just love it.
This pattern was a great opportunity for practicing sewing nice straight lines on the top stitching of the halter ties, which seem to go forever while you're sewing! But fun.
I love how the halter top turned out in this soft aqua fabric. It's comfortable and flattering. I don't wear it as often as I would like to - I'm not often at a pool or beach  - the only places I'll probably wear such a casual top like this. However, I think it's a classic that will always be in style.

I hope to post my next project tomorrow!
xoxo
Karen

2 comments:

nest full of eggs said...

Very nice stitching Karen. Your halter top turned out lovely.
I have one Amy Butler sewing pattern, a woman's top, but still have not sewn anything... maybe in 3 years?

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi Karen,It turned out really beautiful!!!Love the fabric and the soft blue color!!!Nicely done!!!Have a great day!!!
Love
AMarie