Wednesday, May 15, 2013

hope patchwork

This pretty little patchwork blanket is en route to Romania!
Thanks to my friend Rachel, who sewed a beautiful berry quilt for this project (see it here), I discovered Project Hope's Rally for Roma. I made this blanket using some cute retro bedsheets (which I found at the thrift shop) as well as various new fabrics - so it is actually a bit of an eco-friendly blanket, too! I referred to Alicia Paulson's book "Stitched in Time" for very helpful instructions, especially about hand-sewing the binding.
I truly hope this brings some prettiness and warmth to a child's life.
There is a quote that just says it all on the Craft Hope website: "You don't need a reason to help people."  I am looking forward to seeing the launch of the next project in a few days!

Have a beautiful day!
xoxo 
Karen

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Such a beautiful quilt, stitched with love! :)
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

Wonderful, Karen!
This will keep a child nice & cozy warm :)

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi There,Such a wonderful project and a beautiful "happy" quilt!!! Hope you have an awesome weekend!!!
Love
AMarie

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

O wow, how lovely -- rustic and elegant at the same time :)

...Tabiboo... said...

That is utterly gorgeous and I simply adore the colours you have used.

Nina x