Tuesday, April 30, 2013

truth cards

I've been longing to work on a whimsical little mixed media project and this idea by Melody Ross just hit the spot. Not only is it very fun and super simple to do, because she generously provides her artwork and words, but it is for a very good cause.
To read all about the project, go here.
I started by gathering some embellishments to inspire me and cutting out some of Melody's little artworks that I downloaded for the project. I cut some cardstock into little cards, which I then painted with a few coats of vibrant colors. (incidentally, a great way to use up that bright orange cardstock that probably came in a multi-pack  - I knew I would never use it for scrapbooking!)

Then I just mixed and matched and glued and had fun. It is wonderful to think some day a woman somewhere in the world, trying to break out of a life of darkness, will be holding one of my cards in her hands and find an uplifting message and perhaps a glimmer of hope.
 
About a month ago I mailed my pack of cards on to Melody to be redistributed and hopefully they arrived in time for her recent trip to Manila. I'm not sure if she is still collecting cards for another mission... however, the lovely thing about these cards is that you make them for anyone. After all, everyone can use a good word. In fact, I think I probably will make some more!
Be sure to visit Melody's blog for downloads, information & lots of inspiration!

xoxo 
Karen

3 comments:

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi There, Love them!!! Always good to have some on hand!!! A really cool project!!
Love
AMarie

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a lovely idea and as always beautiful work Karen!
Happy Tuesday,
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

I watched the video that was at the link ~ such a good thing you are doing :)