Monday, March 4, 2013

hope

Last night I made a simple page for my scrapbook with some of my favorite spring photos from last year.
I wanted to write some journaling about spring...hope...angels...faith....but wasn't really inspired in a certain way. I was stamping the birds and had just put down a white feather as an embellishment when the lines from Emily Dickenson came to mind -

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul, 
And sings the tune, without the words,
And never stops  at all"

The poem continues but the first verse was enough for my page. 
You might recognize my photos from here and here :)
I mixed and matched papers from various collections  - I believe the small pink pattern from an autumn Crate Paper collection and the floral is from Basic Grey. The background delicate floral print paper is one of the first scrapbook papers I ever bought AGES ago and never knew what to do with it. I was happy to see how perfect it worked here.
The birdcage stamp is so sweet, I have used it on many pages already. I added a clear plastic button and a bit of handwriting around the frame.
Would you believe as I was putting this page together I suddenly heard the loud honking of geese and ran outside to see an enormous line of birds flying back north directly over our house? What a welcome sign!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We were so lucky to have a Saturday of gorgeous pure blue sky and sun. The sun has been so rare this year that everyone just seemed to be outside soaking it up with gratitude, despite the chilly temperatures. I also can't begin to put into words how uplifting & inspiring my weekend of singing was, just beautiful!  "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle. And i like this quote, too: "Music can change the world because it can change people."  - Bono

Sweet wishes!
xoxo
Karen

7 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a lovely post, full of hope and inspiration.,
Happy new week Karen ,
V x

Country Rabbit said...

such a lovely journal with all your lovely makes and photographs, something to treasure and your children will love it as a keepsake later in life x

nest full of eggs said...

my favorite part is the lower right hand corner section :)

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi, That is what I love most about creating something new - that inspiration that comes to you from no-where!!! and it always turns out great!!! Lovely post!!!
Love
AMarie

wunderschön-gemacht.de said...

wunderschön-gemacht! ich mag besonders das foto mit den schneeglöckchen. es ist perfekt in das scrapbook eingebettet! herzliche waldgrüsse, dunja

Ivy Clad said...

I remember your flower photos from last spring! They're so nice to see again, especially when spring is taking its sweet time arriving. What a fitting poem for this time of year. Thank you for the uplifting post. I am so ready to turn my face up into the sun, I almost can't stand it.

Xo,
Keri

koralee said...

Oh my your book is so lovely...love that word HOPE! Happy weekend.