Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Easter market: things for kids

Hi! I hope you all are having a lovely March that's been filled with sunshine and flowers. We've just had one snowy gray day after the other. But there are a few brave flowers breaking out of the earth and every glimpse of blue sky is a treat. 

I have lots of cute things ready for my market this weekend. Today I'm going to show you some of the things I've created especially for kids.
 
I used lots of bright lovely colors and fabrics. I've made enough little elephant to create a small herd - they won't even all fit in my basket!
Loving those tiny white stars on bold colors and the pretty fabrics from Anna Maria Horner and Amy Butler.
These large softie cubes are just perfect for toddlers but older kids as well. My eight-year old son was so excited with these he begged me to help him make one for himself. He sewed most of it all by himself and I was really inspired by the fabrics he picked out. (He inspired me too!) Every night I see his cube nestled in among his pillows and favorite stuffed animals in his bed. Makes me so happy! Every day he plays toss with his cube - favorite place is on the staircase. This simple soft toy is not just for babies!

I  made a small collection of cheerful greeting cards.
Some sweet ornaments for a girl's bedroom decor.
Tissue huggers in this fabulous, fabulous UK print. I love it!

Here is a link to the market. Tomorrow I'll be back with a peek of the spring/Easter items I've made.

Thanks for looking! 
xoxo 
Karen

2 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What beautiful, colourful, cheerful makes Karen!! I'm in love with your gorgeous little elephants. :)
Have a great time at your market, they're going to love your makes!
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

oh wow Karen you have been sewing up a storm! and so many fun things, too. it's so nice to hear that boys are interested in sewing.
looks like the Easter market will take place inside so you won't have to worry about the weather.
looking forward to your next post about your Easter items :)
happy Wednesday !