Wednesday, March 27, 2013

a sweet little village

I'm going to charm you with some images of the lovely little village where I spent last weekend. The town is called Bacharach and is located in the Rhine river gorge - the nearest largest city is Frankfurt, about an hour south-east.

Most of the time I was at the market with my wares but as I had a few wonderful helpers I was able to sneak out now and then for a little walk and fresh air. Saturday was gray with a few snowflakes in the frosty air - not at all conducive for a spring market. Fortunately Sunday the sun came out. By the time I was out with my camera the village was starting to fall into the shade of the steep vineyard hills.There is still no real sign of spring flowers or budding greens. But the age-old half-timbered houses snuggled together, castle on the hill, tiny alleys between buildings and a little rushing creek are all lovely anyway. Enjoy!
 
 
 
If this has piqued your curiosity, then take a look at this summary of Bacharach and enjoy many more beautiful images.
Have a lovely day! 
xoxo 
Karen

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Thanks for sharing Karen, what a beautiful picturesque little village! :)
V xxx

GardenofDaisies said...

What a beautiful little town. The hills around it are really steep, which just adds to it's fairytale character.

Sherry C said...

Gorgeous photos and I love your blog!

nest full of eggs said...

I have spent such little time in Germany, that this is a real treat. I can't believe the narrow space between those 2 buildings. Everything looks so old ~ nothing like that in my neighborhood here in the US :)
Thanks for the tour!

Ivy Clad said...

Picture-postcard perfect. What a treat to get to walk around such a beautiful place. I had to pin it to my "Wanderlust" board. Who knows? Maybe one of these days, I'll get to walk along there, too!

Keri

p.s. Our weather is very slowly improving; I hope yours is too. :)