Wednesday, February 27, 2013

origami

One day last week we sat down for a half hour to make some little paper boxes. My daughter has been given several very beautiful origami books over the years. Recently I found this pack of cute paper from the supermarket, not expensive but two sided, just perfect for practicing some origami folding.
  I  chose the pink paper with the tiny hearts to make my first box, very kitschy and cute!
Everyone got involved and my children were very concentrated as they worked.
We followed the instructions that came in the pack of paper. Here's a link to on-line instructions and lots of images.
The boxes fit into each other and are perfect for little gifts. I also think they would be cute left open and filled with sweets at each place setting at a birthday party.

Next time I would like to try to fold little paper bunnies.

Have a lovely day!
xoxo
Karen

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

They're lovely Karen and could have so many uses!
I adore the little bunnies. :)

Anna-Marie Field said...

Hi Cute little boxes! Check out this website for really cute Easter goodies
origami-instructions.com/origami-easter
Love
AMarie

nest full of eggs said...

what a great activity to get everyone involved!
and those origami bunnies would be cute for Easter :)

tinajo said...

They are so pretty - love the colors!

Ivy Clad said...

Cute boxes! I can see them left open, filled with straw and colorful Easter eggs.

My first experience with origami was when I was about 7 or 8. My cousin had just returned to the U.S. from Japan where she had been a foreign exchange student. She brought back the most beautiful paper and explained the art of origami. Your post brought back memories! :)