Monday, January 14, 2013

lovely glow

This weekend the sun finally started to show her lovely face to us again and the weather has become frosty wintery cold again! Even though it's sunny today, large snowflakes have been slowly floating around - not really making any snow fall - but adding a wonderful glitter as if we were trapped in a magical huge snow-globe. What a magical day!
 
One of my goals for the New Year became very obvious to me while working on my December Daily. Not only do I hope to make a lot of new pages for my scrapbook but also to share some of my favorite layouts here on my blog. I have already ordered and received a huge of prints of favorite photos from last year and have restocked up my paper supplies, and have been busy paper-crafting! I also have new goals for my crafts business, but I will save that for another post :)

So, here's one of the first pages I've made so far this year!
She's lighting the candles for her little brother's birthday. I think it's so sweet how ever since he was born, she's loved her role being the big helpful sister.  (I will make another page to go next to this in the album with photos of the birthday boy, of course!)
 
I used papers from the Victoria Garden line from Echo Park and from the Cashmere Dame line from Glitz, some vintage aqua rick-rack (stitched on with the sewing machine) and a few other embellishments. I gave the white paper a few paint splatters with turquoise glimmer mist from Tattered Angels.


I often use this butterfly stamp in pages about my daughter. This time I stamped three with black ink on pale pink cardstock, cut the butterflies out and then lifted them with a bit of cardboard from old packaging. My foam adhesive pop-ups were all used up and this worked quite well and gives the page lots of dimension.

This year I want to try to incorporate many more dimensional and textural elements in my pages, and to use more paint and mixed-media type techniques.

Thanks for looking and have a magical day!
xoxo 
Karen

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a beautiful page Karen, I love the little butterflies. It 's lovely to hear how you go about compiling your pages.
We managed to escape the snow this time with a sunny but freezing cold day!
Vivienne xxx