Thursday, January 31, 2013

life delights in life

This morning I read in the newspaper that the sun shone a whopping 17 hours total this January in our area. No wonder the two days it was sunny here I found myself gushing about it on my blog :)

When we were on the Belgian coast last summer we had plenty of gray and rain too. But luckily it cleared up for a few hours every day so we could enjoy fresh air and salty wind on the beach. These are a couple of my favorite photos where it was "almost sunny". (I won't even tell you what the temperatures were  -  we just took what we got and were happy when it wasn't pouring!) 
Love my boy jumping around in the dunes. Also just love this quote by Khalil Gibran. I thought of it often while we were enjoying the sea
While searching for papers or little bits and pieces that would match this navy and cream color scheme, I found another quote by a favorite poet which even repeats the word "delight" which is used as my title and is also in the main quote. Serendipity while creating a scrapbook layout it is always "delightful"!  
I also came across this small envelope with thread or buttons from a clothing company, probably from a sweater. It's perfect for adding a special secret note in the envelope. Love how it looks and do think I want to try to incorporate many more "found objects" in my scrapbooking pages to add interest and uniqueness (and save money & do something good for Mother Earth). The lovely star print paper is from Heidi Swapp.

I'm happy that I'm finding a better balance with my sewing and scrapbooking so far this year. My next challenge to myself it to post a new layout every Thursday. I hope you enjoy!

Have a lovely Thursday! 
xoxo
Karen






3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

I always enjoy looking at your scrobooking Karen! :)
Tha is a lovely quote!
Happy Thursday,
V xxx

nest full of eggs said...

17 hours of daylight in Jan? And I thought we had it bad, oh I sure hope you get more sunshine soon!
really nice scrapbook page, the layout & colors are perfect :)

Judith said...

My daughter has just returned from 5 weeks in Europe. She did say it was rather cold,coming from an Australian summer,but she loved the snow! xx