Friday, September 21, 2012

just a few things

a mug of cinnamon-spice tea (an over-sized, favorite shade of turquoise blue mug, to be exact)
a lovely stack of favorite books
a basket of sewing
the soft September sun
 
I really love making these little whimsical animals for garlands. They are actually quite small! Several animal garlands have sold in my little shop and I want to restock with some new color schemes very soon. I hope the new owners are delighted by their garlands. How amazing that my little animals have traveled far to their new homes.
A gorgeous book called "Zakka  Style" somehow made it's way into my shopping cart this week :) and I am enjoying being inspired by all the beautiful projects. I am also quite excited to recognize many of the project artists as people I've known on for years on flickr or from their blogs - I am so happy to see them in print! So many cute projects and great Christmas present ideas....
I have always wondered what "zakka" meant. According to this book, this word translates from the Japanese to mean something like "miscellaneous goods"  or "many things", a "style that embodies a kind of simple charm and uniqueness". Perhaps that is what I've been doing all along!


Have a beautiful weekend.
xoxo 
Karen


4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

A cup of tea, a pile of books and some crafting always sounds good Karen! :)
Your little animals are so very cute. :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Vivienne x

Ivy Clad said...

I really like the idea of "a simple charm and uniqueness". I think that is why I am drawn to your blog and your handmade treasures so much. They are charming and unforgettable.

Are you enjoying the season? I am finally getting into something of a routine. Hectic though it may be, I think I will be able to reclaim some of the time I once had that has been devoted of late to insuring that my most recent venture goes smoothly. I have missed stopping my here for a chat, but (with fingers crossed) I will not be gone long this time. :)

Keri

Vision By MILA said...

they are so cute.. very talented you are!

Judith said...

Beautiful family albums, flowers,sweet little crafted creatures, a cup of spiced tea and the soft September sun...a lovely place to visit, Karen. xx