Monday, September 3, 2012

hello September!

 
According to the seed package, these were supposed to be decorative little gourds  - I think they are pretty big - perhaps I neglected to harvest them quickly enough :)

Further back in the garden is a thicket of sunflowers, tomatoes, a couple rows of beets, leeks and carrots and a patch of huge pumpkins. I plan on making a delicious pumpkin soup this week.

We are enjoying the late summer flowers and a some of our own grown veggies every day.
I have sewn some new autumn-inspired creations - the girl's tote bags are already up in my etsy shop.
 

I love these little decorative squirrel houses and the word "home" stitched on in embroidery floss. They will be up in my etsy shop sometime this week. 
  
  Hope your week gets off to a great start!
xoxo 
Karen


3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Beautiful photos Karen!
Your garden is looking wonderful, love the little/or not so little squash! :)
And as always very pretty sewing!!
Happy new week,
Vivienne x

Judith said...

Such a harvest you have there Karen and the little totes are very sweet! xx (hope your week has been a good one :))

koralee said...

Oh my everything about this post makes my heart sing...love your garden..late summer is the BEST time ever. Your little pillows are adorable...sooo fun. Off to take a peek at your etsy shop. Happy September and thanks for visiting me the other day.