Monday, July 30, 2012

summer days...

summer days have been lovely...
we've enjoyed simple days with friends and family

when time to create is short
I can always squeeze in some snapshots of things that amaze me

such as the lush landscape where I like to ride my bike 

 or this brilliant and wild sunset one evening in June

 
 it's been a cold and rainy summer...perfect for curling up under a blanket and  watching a favorite film or two :)
our summer apples always have to be processed right away...some times I make a lemony-cinnamon apple jelly, this year I just made applesauce to freeze, as they were ripe the same time we were packing for travel....
 
 we took a little family vacation on the North Sea...it was COLD! but gorgeous
 - more pictures soon....
I've missed my blogging friends and I promise to stop in soon to say hello! 
xoxo 
Karen

3 comments:

Sandra van Doorn said...

what an incredible sunset...

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Lovely photos Karen!
So glad you are having a great summer and had a wonderful holiday too! Continue to enjoy it and fingers crossed there will be more sunshine!
Vivienne x

un arc-en-ciel dans le lavabo said...

I love the north sea beaches !!!
and i have never heard of summer apples ! i like their color.
i was away from blogging too (for health reasons though) but i don't forget my blog friends xo