Monday, June 11, 2012

almost summer

This morning my son asked me if it was summer yet. It seems to me that spring just started! We've had some sunny days, some rainy days, days of work and days of play. Everyone in our family has been very productive with their various activities. I just love the sense of energy during this time of the year.
 I spent much of this past weekend picking strawberries and making jam - yum!
Most of the seeds my husband and daughter and I planted have now been replanted and so far seem to be thriving.  It's a lot of work but a good feeling and really, homemade jam just tastes delicious and super fresh strawberries for breakfast, amazing.

But the yummy things that traveled a bit to get here are good too!
The very lovely and fragrant peonies in May and just a few days ago....how the colors change! 

I have been sewing and sewing and sewing...have had a few custom requests from some lovely people from around the world...so fun to make...and here a peek of some new things for my shops here and here.
Best wishes to you for a beautiful week! 
xoxo 
Karen

4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

We had a beautiful day yesterday and this morning was lovely too but it has since rained. However I do think it feels like summer and certainly strawberries and planting out seeds are all lovely summer signs!
Gorgeous images Karen. :)
Happy new week,
Vivienne x

patchworkandlace said...

Lovely pictures ,i love your home makes and those strawberries look divine x

Judith said...

Very cute little mushrooms you have made there!
Enjoy the sunshine, Karen. :) x

millefeuilles said...

This is a heavenly post! You have managed to marry the things I get most excited about: garden produce and sewing! Your enthusiasm is most compelling.

Stephanie