Friday, April 6, 2012

pretty in pink

Today I have some pretty things in pink for you. I recently made a special pink stars and moon garland to welcome a new baby girl in our family -
which is now on it's way to her in the USA- I do hope she likes it. Since her parents named her after a star I think it is quite appropriate! I added a matching pink heart pillow for her big sister....
I have two stars and moon garlands in my shop and after having so much fun making this pink version I made several more last week in different color combinations - which I just can't wait to show you. They will be up for sale after Easter.
I also want to share these pale pink tulips with you. They were almost white when we bought them but are getting darker as they open. So beautiful!
 

Pretty colors, transformation, new life, spring celebrations, favorite books....
and one more tiny excerpt from one of my favorite children's books...
("The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery Williams)


"And then a wonderful thing happened. For where the tear had fallen grew a mysterious flower, not at all like any other that grew in the garden. It was so beautiful that the little Rabbit forgot to cry, and just sat there watching it. Then suddenly the blossom opened, and out stepped the loveliest fairy in the whole world."

 Wishing you much magic and loveliness this Easter!
xoxo 
Karen

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Your garland is so pretty Karen, I'm sure it will be loved!
Such gorgeous tulips too. :)
Wishing you and your family a lovely Easter!
Vivienne x

Sandra van Doorn said...

what a pretty post; love all that pink.
sending much magic your way too :)
x sandra

nest full of eggs said...

so pretty ~ I <3 pink :D
happy Easter to you & your family !

The Vintage Hobby House said...

Ive just found your lovely blog,love your garland so very sweetXX Manda XX

patchworkandlace said...

Lovely garland and blog ,im now a follower xx