Saturday, January 21, 2012

beauty is where you find it

beauty is where you find it #02/12
challenge from nic 

(my first attempt at linking up to a challenge
hope it works!)

fresh 
these pretty roses from my daughter's birthday
such a refreshing mix of colors in this gray January week

the very last bouquet of "fair trade" roses I spied at the market that day 
slightly fading - it didn't matter
she loved them 
i apologized that one poor rose was already drooping
but she smiled and had a kind of  -  let's say - sympathy, understanding, affinity even
and somehow that made it very real &  sweet & full of life
and also made me happy that my daughter at fifteen feels the same way that i do

that perfectly imperfect is beautiful
I love roses right now
 - and always - 
and am sewing new things with rosy fabrics
you will see more soon
(as soon as I find mailing boxes in which these lovelies fit into!!!)
happy sunday! 
xoxo 
karen

5 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Hi Karen, lovely to meet you!
I love all your roses, real and created. :)
Vivienne x

Ivy Clad said...

Hi Karen!

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

I love roses & these are just lovely!

I look forward to getting better acquainted this year. Happy to be following your blog!!

Keri

Lollaswelt said...

Hallo Karen,
ich wollte eigentlich nur willkommen sagen, auf meinem Blog, und bin ganz begeistert von deinem...
Da werde ich doch in Zukunft öfter mal vorbeikommen.
Die Rosenstoffe die du da gerade verarbeitest sind wirklich allerliebst.Sind das Herzchen?
Liebe Grüße und bis bald,
Annette

Franka said...

Traumhaft schön diese Kissen.
Machen Lust auf Sommer!

♥ Franka

Monica said...

What a lovely thought for a gray January day!