Friday, December 9, 2011

around the house


Little bits of Christmas showing up around the house....

In the front hallway is a heart wreath inspired from one of my Tone Finannger "Tilda" craft books. I made it a few years ago, but still love it. 

An evergreen wreath hangs on the front door. I used greens from the yard and added some pinecones and little apples with the very last glue stick from my hot glue gun, I had to poke it through with a chopstick! The replacement sticks I had ordered didn't fit of course but guess what, thanks to the chopstick I had just enough glue and a day later found a whole new box of sticks in a cupboard in my studio. I am going to need those for the projects from my artsy workshop! 

When I look it at in the photo now, I think I need to reglue the apples on, they are all kind of sideways. Handmade charm...I suppose.  Hmmmm.

Holly and pine in the front window boxes,  little decorations outside by the front door snuggled in the heather.

Love candles and books, all year round, but especially at Christmas. Just LOVE that white doily, my sweet neighbor crocheted it for me.

I put the holiday themed books in an Ikea basket. How nice see the children's eyes light up when they rediscover „old friends“. This year St. Nick brought a couple new books on the 6th, an Elmer the elephant book (love the artistic illustrations) and a Penguin story collection. We are also busy reading an Advent book together every evening that we have to tear open the page of each day to see how the story progresses.

In another Ikea basket are the Christmas CD's.
I don't know how Ikea does it but more often than not, their products fit perfectly in our very unconventional nooks of our cottagey-house. These two baskets fit perfect under the TV/stereo shelf in a niche that my husband built. 
This cowboy boot stocking is really cute. My brother and sister-in-law live in Texas and they gave it to my husband one year. Love it hanging by the stairs.
 

A Christmassy home needs a sleepy cat lounging around, don't you think?
And of course the scent of baking is a necessity! As quickly as cookies come out of the oven they seem to dissappear! We made some chocolate chips and coconut-cranberry...gave half away and the rest stayed here....mmmm!
( I think there is one left,  please help yourself!)
xoxo
Karen



4 comments:

Purpletreebird said...

Yummy, thanks for the cookie! ;o) Your house is looking very lov;ey and festive, it's a very pretty time of year isn't it? I'm going to be getting my christmassy things out very soon!
Jess xx

madhu said...

Nothing beats handmade charm! :-) You have got it all perfectly right...and yes, isn't Ikea just wonderful....and the cookies...I am helping myself and the cat zzzzzzz and oh I was just looking through "The Snowman earlier today! :-)

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

What a comfy home, delicious smells and beautiful cat and child!

Pierre BOYER said...

Lovely...
Greetings from France,

Pierre