Tuesday, September 6, 2011

anyway

Do you ever come across something and then see it again a few days later, somewhere else? It's kind of like a gentle message when that happens I think. I don't know where I saw this anymore, but I do know that I read it once this summer in German in a magazine, and then a week later or so later in English on a blog or website, and liked it so much I printed it out and hung it on my inspiration board.

Anyway

People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Be good anyway.

Honesty and frankness will make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People need help, but may attack you if you try to help them.
Help them anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

- Mother Teresa

Trotzdem

Die Menschen sind unvernünftig, irrational und egoistisch.
Liebe diese Mensche trotzdem.

Wenn du Gutes tust, werden dich die Menschen beschuldigen, dabei selbstsüchtige Hintergedanken zu haben.
Tue trotzdem Gutes.

Wenn du erfolgreich bist, gewinnst du falsche Freunde und wahre Feinde.
Sei trotzdem erfolgreich.

Das Gute, das du heute getan hast, wird morgen schon vergessen sein.
Tue trotzdem Gutes.

Ehrlichkeit und Offenheit machen dich verwundbar.
Sei trotzdem ehrlich und offen.

Die Menschen bemitleiden Verlierer, doch sie folgen nur den Gewinnern.
Kämpfe trotzdem für ein paar von den Verlierern.

Woran du Jahre gebaut hast, das mag über Nacht zerstört werden.
Baue trotzdem weiter.

Die Menschen brauchen wirklich Hilfe, doch es kann sein, dass sie dich angreifen, wenn du ihnen hilfst.
Hilf diesen Menschen trotzdem.

Gib der Welt das Beste, was du hast, und du wirst zum Dank dafür einen Tritt erhalten.
Gib der Welt trotzdem das Beste.

Letztendlich ist dann alles eine Angelegenheit zwischen dir und Gott.
Sowieso war es nie eine Angelegenheit zwischen dir und anderen.

(Mutter Teresa)

I hope your September is off to a good start!

xoxo

Karen


5 comments:

nest full of eggs said...

some great ways to use up paper scraps.

that is one of my all time favorite quotes :)

joanie said...

Wonderful Karen! The paper projects and the quote too :)

un arc-en-ciel dans le lavabo said...

such a welcome reminder & sometimes much needed in our today's world <3
too bad i didn't have these words of wisdom printed black on white in front of me last Spring...
thank you more than you know.
i love how you used these papers. i made several of these garlands in the past and will probably make another one around Christmas...

Fleur de Boheme said...

Hi Karen, and thanks for your lovely comment! Your blog is wonderful, I´m looking forward to follow you - a lot of eye-candy ;-)

Are you the German or American part of the family? I´m asking because I´m German myself, but I´ve been living abroad (first Sweden, then Denmark, then Norway and now Denmark again)for 15 years now - my husband is Norwegian and we met in Sweden ;-)

Fun to meet you here on the interweb! Take care, xxx Kirsten

Karen said...

Hi Kirsten,
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such nice comments!
As for your question, I am the American part! I have a real feel for dual national marriages, you become a part of two worlds, don't you.
You have had a wonderful experiences getting to know Scandinavia. Lucky you! I hope we can travel there someday. Being that my husband is Holger, I feel we must have something Scandinavian about us if only our names and blond coloring!
I love your creations, by the way, and your blog!
xo
karen