Friday, July 8, 2011

pale & interesting

Our house and garden is probably more colorful and crazy than anything else, and I'm glad it's that way because I love bright and bold colors. But on the other hand, there is something really graceful and peaceful in decor that is lovingly set up in pale tones with tiny flashes of color. I just love paging through Atlanta Barlett's interior design book "Pale & Interesting"...on my coffee table right now. I've been inspired to find a little bit of this through my own lens.....
petunias, little olive tree, lavender from my neighbor (as a lovely gift for feeding her cat)
a postcard from the Beethoven museum I visited with my daughter recently....
carnations and snapdragons.....
a lovely bit of art I got from this amazing artist....
ferns and rocks and big white blooms....
and an angel with gentle reminders of love and light...
hope you all are having a lovely July!
xoxo
Karen

No comments: