Wednesday, June 8, 2011

art journal, part I

Here is a peek at the lovely mess in my studio right now :)

alphabet stamps, ribbons and flowers, pretty fabrics
& random buttons my son helped me pick out at the thrift shop.

I am challenging myself to create a mixed-media art journal. For a long time I have had this idea to do a scrapbook using different quotes on beauty I've been collecting. These lovely journals have inspired me to make more of an art journal rather than a scrapbook. I have put my papers together and the signatures are sewn in but the cover is still awaiting some embellishments.
Promise to show you more progress in part two next week!
Have a lovely Pentecost weekend ( it's a long holiday weekend here)!
xoxo
Karen

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Hello Karen, I hope you're doing fine, even though it's been a while since we last got in touch. I see you've been to France & had a lovely time, I'm so happy for you & your family :)
your scrapbooks (the ones I could see on your Flickr) are so unique & made with lots of love. You will cherish them forever, and so will your children.
I wish you (all) a wonderful summer ahead, I wish you relaxing time, memorable family time & much more !
Take care xoxoxo