Friday, November 5, 2010

ah sunflower

Ah Sunflower



Ah Sun-flower weary of time.
Who countest the steps of the Sun:
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the travellers journey is done

Where the Youth pined away with desire,
And the pale Virgin shrouded in snow:
Arise from their graves and aspire,
Where my Sun-flower wishes to go!



William Blake

1794

I wrote a paper on William Blake in 12th grade British Literature class....but I don't remember exactly what the theme was. I do remember my teacher disliked Blake – too esoteric. I liked him – Blake and my teacher, too, actually.

But what I really love is this field of sunflowers my son and I came upon on our walk recently. I went there again Monday and they were still blooming!. Some of these photos are mine, some are from the perspective of a person approx. 1 meter 20 cm tall. Can you tell which? :)


Sunflower sunshine to you!

Xoxo

Karen


2 comments:

memmu said...

It's still so green down there... and can't believe the sunflowers are still so yellow and blooming! Wonderful sight!!!

Have a good weekend, Karen!

Valerie said...

ooh beautiful ! I miss this one because of all the bad things happening to us, L's diabetes diagnosis & in hospital, my husband lost his father... so I'm even happier to find all this sunshine now ! thanks for sharing & taking us on such a joyful walk with you