1. Picking flowers of all colors and putting them in little jars tied with ribbons.
2. Eating watermelon, held here by my daughter.
3. Seeing the seeds I planted in spring turn into big bushes of pretty pink flowers.
4. Smelling the roses.
5. Finding snippets of time to play around in my studio. Rearranging birds on a canvas. Sewing strips into squares to make a vintage-y patchwork throw. 5 of 36 squares complete!
7. Deeply inhaling my all-time favorite scent of lavender...... and smiling at the sunflowers.
8. Preserving our berries for winter. The cellar is full of jams & jellies already, and slowly the freezer is filling up with berries and other garden treats. Yesterday we made applesauce from the summer apples and put in in the freezer to save for the winter.
I think of all the jams, this "Josta" jelly is the best - very tart & such a pretty color. "Josta" is a berry that is part "Johannisbeere" (currant) and part "Stachelbeere" (gooseberry). Mmmmm!
9. Throwing fresh basil into salads.
10. Wondering why the chamomile seeds I planted in the herb garden don't seem to be coming.
Oh, it must be that little tiger who has found that very spot to take a nap!